INDOCHINA LEGAL is a multicultural full-service boutique law firm helping businesses and individuals to seize Vietnam’s ongoing momentum of economic growth and thrive in the Vietnamese marketplace.
Officially incorporated and licensed to operate in Vietnam in 2007, INDOCHINA LEGAL stands on its founding partners’ (Eric Le Dréau and Nguyen Quoc Tuan) extensive local and international legal consultancy experience.
Eric Le Dreau has been a permanent resident of Vietnam since late 1993 when he settled in Hanoi, simultaneous to the onset of Vietnam’s opening of its economy under the Đổi Mới policy. Tuan, meanwhile, has been a long-standing member of the Bar of Hanoi with more than 20 years of legal practice in Vietnam, including operating his own law firm which the firm coordinates with in the handling of litigation matters, in-house counsel experience for construction and telecommunications multinationals and as a senior associate for a US law firm in Vietnam.
In 2017, Antoine Toussaint, a French attorney at law with ten-year experience at Gide in Vietnam, joined the team as its third 3rd partner. Then in 2018, the firm welcomed as its fourth partner, Le Thi Quynh Thu.
Focusing on an independent boutique law firm development strategy, INDOCHINA LEGAL is headquartered in Ho Chi Minh City and has an office in Hanoi. We offer to our clients a wide network of local, regional and global correspondents for legal assistance.
The firm is the Vietnam member for Legalink, a unique international association of independent leading law firms representing 64 firms in 48 different countries.
The firm also has a strong alliance with VDB LOI, an interconnected group of leading legal and tax advisory firms in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos and Myanmar, and a tax advisory firm in Vietnam. Additionally, the firm is also the correspondent in Vietnam of several large international law firms.
- Founded in 2007
- 4 partners with a combined 60 years of experience in Southeast Asia
- Headquartered in Ho Chi Minh City, with an office in Hanoi
- 15 team members
- Vietnam member of Legalink and strong alliance with VDB LOI
- Absorbed the practice of the Vietnam offices of Gide Loyrette Nouel in 2017
- Major areas of expertise: inward investment, corporate, commercial, tax, M&A, construction, real estate and dispute resolution
- Industries: infrastructure, real estate, manufacturing, hospitality, distribution, insurance
- Language capabilities: Vietnamese, English, French, Spanish and Filipino