INDOCHINA LEGAL represents clients across the spectrum of labour and employment matters including notably: drafting labor contracts internal labour rules and labour collective agreements, termination procedures (individual termination or mass-lay-off), internal restructuring, benefits structuring and implementation, immigration and residency, legal compliance and assistance on issues relating to the firm’s general corporate representations, administrative proceedings before governmental agencies and court litigation or arbitration.
- Labour contracts and employment packages.
- Taxation aspects of employment compensation and incentive packages and severance settlements of employment termination.
- Employment standards and requirements such as hours of work, overtime, leaves, successor employer obligations, lay-offs, termination and severance pay and social insurance.
- Disciplinary measures and termination of employment.
- Immigration-related issues such as requirements on and procurement of work permits, temporary resident visas, visa extensions, and permanent resident status for foreign workers or in relation to relocation of employees and intra-company transfers.
- Strategies and employee communications in relation to the unionization of the work force.
- Restructuring, lay-offs, plant closings and relocations, and sales of businesses.
- Strikes and lockouts.
- Data privacy and data protection.
- Representing a wide array of companies from start-ups to multinationals in the drafting and review of labour contracts and employment packages on various levels.
- Representing several multinational companies, including advising on regulatory compliance, and drafting of the relevant documents, in relation to the secondment of expats to Vietnam.
- Advising on the tax implications of employment, incentives and bonus policies or severance packages.
- Advising a retail giant on the labour issues arising from its organizational restructuring.
- Assistance to numerous industrial and manufacturing companies as well as non-commercial organizations in the drafting and review of their internal labour regulations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Advising on procedural and substantial issues on employment termination, including those arising from reorganization and closure due to economic reasons as well as collective termination arising from the same, and those relating to expats in Vietnam.
- Assistance to various multinationals as part of global employment law compliance and global governance and compliance.
- Advising on regulatory compliance issues in relation to collection, use and transfer of employee data, including the collection and use of employee fingerprints.
- Amicable negotiation with employees and executives for a mutual termination of employment contract.