INDOCHINA LEGAL is able to offer specialized legal advice on projects in Vietnam, with experience in engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts, build-operate-transfer (BOT) projects, public-private partnership (PPP), and business cooperation contracts. Our experience covers both project development documentation and financing arrangements, across a range of sectors including energy, heavy industries, hospitality and infrastructure.
- Advise on early stages issues, including review of applicable legal framework and practice, regulatory and compliance matters, setting up of consortium, procurement and public procurement, competition law.
- Regulatory review and drafting of contractual and financing documentation.
- Licensing and post-licensing assistance.
- Advising on discussions with State authorities and representation in negotiations.
- Setting-up project company.
- Representing a consortium of European and Vietnamese investors in the shipping and logistics industries in the establishment of a joint venture company to establish, operate and manage a major deep water port/ container terminal in South Vietnam, including assistance in the negotiation and setting up of the joint venture and securing all required licenses for the operation and subsequent restructuring of the joint venture, advising on a range of legal matters arising during the construction and developmental stages of the project, and general assistance in all business, administrative and operational matters undertaken by the joint venture such as contract drafting and review, advising on regulatory and compliance issues, land law issues as well as other legal issues affecting the construction stage of the project.
- Ongoing legal advice to Mekong Energy Company in connection with Vietnamese legal issues relating to the Phu My 2-2 Power Project, assistance in discussions with State authorities, tax advice, etc.
- Advising on the acquisition of renewable energy projects (solar, wind), including due diligence of project company, review of licenses and administrative approvals, review of contractual documentation, land and construction matters.
- Our lawyers have advised the sponsor of a US$1 billion steel refinery in central Vietnam on all Vietnamese regulatory and contractual issues.
- Our lawyers have advised on road projects to be implemented under the legal framework of the regulation on pilot investment using PPP model.